CR Small Groups
When you go to Celebrate Recovery meetings, you will have worship and either a testimony or a lesson, followed by what is referred to as “Small Groups”. The small groups are gender specific and provide a safe place to work through whatever your hurts habits and hang-ups may be.
Celebrate Recovery Small Groups WILL:
- Provide you with a safe place to share your experiences, victories, and hopes with others who are going through a Christ-centered recovery.
- Provide you with a facilitator who has gone through a similar hurt, habit or hang-up who will facilitate the group as it focuses on a particular principle each week. The leader will also keep Celebrate Recovery’s “Five Small Group Guidelines” (see below)
- Provide you with the opportunity to find an accountability partner or a sponsor.
- Connect you with people that want to get better and get you connected with a step study.
- Encourage you to attend other recovery meetings held throughout the week.
Celebrate Recovery Small Groups WILL NOT:
- Attempt to offer any professional clinical advice. Our leaders are not counselors.
- Allow its members to attempt to “fix” one another.
Five Small Group Guidelines
- Keep your sharing focused on your own thoughts, feelings.
- Please limit your sharing to 3-5 minutes. There is NO cross talk, please. Cross talk is when two people engage in a dialogue during the meeting.
- Each person is free to express feelings without interruptions. We are here to support one another. We will not attempt of “fix” another.
- Anonymity and Confidentiality are basic requirements. What’s shared in the group stays in the group. The only exception is when someone threatens to injure themselves or others.
- Offensive language has no place in a Christ-centered recovery group, including no graphic descriptions.